When it comes to choosing an online casino, bonuses are often the number one consideration when it comes to deciding between sites as these can sometimes be worth hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds. However, before you go entering your details into a new site, you’ll need to understand the commonly offered bonuses and promotions inside out to make sure you are getting the right deal – that is where we come in.
Finding the best bonuses is not easy as easy as it sounds. Casinos often have complex terms and conditions, which can really affect how good a bonus is. Don’t worry though, when you’ve finished reading this page, you’ll be a whizz at decoding the jargon and deciphering how good a bonus really is. Of course, we’ll also let you know about some of the best bonuses around, so you don’t have to do all the searching yourself!
How We Evaluate Every Bonus
We’ll always give you the total truth about a bonus, so you always pick the best one.
At Casinosss.com, we don’t simply pick random bonuses out of thin air, and then recommend them to you. Instead, we take a huge range of different considerations into account, to ensure we only ever point you towards the best bonuses around. Don’t think that we’re obliged to give favourable reviews to any online casino either, as we’re independent, so we’ll tell you straight if we think that a bonus really isn’t a very good one.
Of course, size does matter in the world of bonuses, so it goes without saying that we’ll only ever recommend bonuses that can lead to some large amounts of money. We’ll also look at the rollover requirement though – which is explained later on this page – as well as what you can actually do with your bonus money. We’ll also let you know if a bonus can’t be claimed by those depositing using a specific payment method. Once we’re finished, you’ll know everything you need to know about the bonuses and promotions at a site.
The Different Types of Casino Bonuses
From welcome bonuses through to giveaways, there’s something for every casino fan.
You will find absolutely loads of different types of bonuses at online casinos, ensuring that new players nearly always get a boost to their accounts, and that existing players have an incentive to keep playing at a site.
Types of bonuses include:
- Welcome Bonuses – Often the biggest bonus offered by an online casino, welcome bonuses usually add a set percentage to your first deposit at a site. For example: if a site offers a 100% first deposit bonus, you’ll essentially double your money. Some welcome bonuses offer a smaller percentage than this, but a larger overall amount – such as a 50% first deposit bonus, up to a value of £1000 – so you need to weigh up your personal needs when choosing the one that is best for you.
- Reload Bonuses – Typically a bonus that adds a set percentage to every deposit you make at the site, after your first deposit, reload bonuses are not usually as high as the welcome bonus, however these reload bonuses are still more than worth taking advantage of, as they can add around an extra 50% to your deposit.
- Some sites also offer free spins on certain slots to those depositing, either in lieu of, or alongside, the reload bonus. If this is the case, check the small print, as you might only be able to use these free spins at certain online slots.
- Non-withdrawable Bonuses – Bonuses that offer on-site rewards that cannot be converted to real cash and withdrawn from your account are labelled non-withdrawable bonuses and these often include additional spins, free chips, and other small boosts that can be used to assist in building your bankroll in other ways.
- Loyalty Bonuses – Often involving programs that give players points as they play that can be redeemed as prizes such as bonus money, free gifts, additional bonuses, and more.
Land Bonuses vs Online Bonuses
Land Bonuses are bonuses only offered by a land-based casino, with the most common form of bonuses offering players free chips to spend at specified games, though bonuses also include loyalty programs for VIP members and more. Land-based bonuses are not always as lucrative as online bonuses and they are often timed rewards that require use as they are given, unlike online casino bonuses which can be kept and used when most convenient.
On top of all the other bonuses on offer, most online casinos also offer special, device and even payment method specific bonuses. These bonuses include:
- Bonuses such as extra credit or free spins for using site preferred payment methods e.g. Credit Cards or bank deposits
- Reload Bonuses – Typically a bonus that adds a set percentage to every deposit you make at the site, after your first deposit, reload bonuses are not usually as high as the welcome bonus, however these reload bonuses are still more than worth taking advantage of, as they can add around an extra 50% to your deposit. Some sites also offer free spins on certain slots to those depositing, either in lieu of, or alongside, the reload bonus. If this is the case, check the small print, as you might only be able to use these free spins at certain online slots.
- Bonuses and rewards for downloading and using mobile applications